Website Achieve TMS East
Hope for Depression and OCD
We are looking for motivated, compassionate, and flexible individuals who ideally have a background in psychology, neuroscience, and/or other biological sciences. Previous work experience in a medical or psychiatric setting a plus. We will train the right person for the job.
If you are a pre-PA or EMT student, this is a great opportunity to receive paid clinical hours, as you will be treating patients daily.
Bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred.
JOB TITLE: TMS Technician
REPORTS TO: Lead TMS Technician and Director of Operations
JOB OVERVIEW: The TMS Technician is directly responsible for providing patient care utilizing this breakthrough treatment modality. This technician will be trained to administer in-office therapeutic treatments utilizing the Brainsway system under the direction of our treating physician. Their primary responsibilities will be to administer and manage specific clinical services to our patients and to administer the treatments utilizing the Brainsway system.
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION: The TMS Technician will be expected to go through an intensive hands-on training by our Brainsway TMS-certified Lead technician. The TMS Technician will also be expected to attend a one day training by a Brainsway staff person and will receive official certification. In addition to the experiential trainings, the TMS Technician will be expected to read research articles, both through the Brainsway site and other medically recognized sites, to increase their expertise with this treatment procedure, Major Depressive Disorder, and other psychiatric disorders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Complete initial educational sessions with patients about deep TMS and the Brainsway machine used in the treatments.
- Administrative tasks including but not limited to answering phone calls, calling patients, and scheduling appointments.
- Use electronic medical record (EMR) system in place to document patient contacts and treatment.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow guidelines of HIPAA.
- Perform equipment positioning for TMS treatment sessions.
- Explain and administer treatments to patients while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Monitor patients for medical symptoms while receiving treatment, including addressing any patient discomfort.
- Provide medical interventions in an emergency situation.
- Follow established treatment and office procedures.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, in particular the Director of Operations and all physicians.
- The position will require some occasional travel around New England once new sites are created.
- High ethical standards and conduct.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and comfortable taking initiative and working independently.
- Willingness to be coached.
- Punctuality and Professionalism
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple products.
- Comfortable with learning and using electronic medical record.
- CPR and AED certified
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS: We have full-time and part-time positions available. Your shifts will fall between the hours of 6:00am-8:00pm, Monday-Friday and some Saturdays. Due to the expansion of our company, flexibility in hours will be necessary.
JOB LOCATION: MA or CT (Currently looking in: Worcester MA)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person and over the telephone. Bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred.
Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
Other: This position requires occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 10 pounds unassisted. The position requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting, and sitting. There is also some lifting, pushing and pulling exerted throughout a regular work shift.
Your work will be performed in an office environment, at times fast-paced, which will involve frequent contact with staff, patients, and collaborating with community.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Healthcare: 3 years
To apply please email Margie at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com